Available in the standard or CCT option
A maintenance-free lightweight pocket sized 2.5V LED Otoscope offering the following features:
- One switch operation with automatic switch-off.
- Optimized head design with insuflated port and a lockable pivoting magnifying glass, that when moved to the side, affords the use of the appropriate ear instrumentation.
- An aluminium fibre reinforced handle for 2 x AAA alkaline batteries.
- No bulb replacement, therefore, no additional costs as Luxamed Otoscope LEDs have a life expectancy of 100 000 hours due to a constant current drive which does not change the intensity overtime, therefore prolonging the life of the LED bulbs.
- Supplied with 20 grey ear speculae (10 x size 2.5 mm) and (10 x size 4.0 mm).
Why are Luxamed Otoscopes Unique?
Superior illumination is guaranteed by LED bulbs that are concentrically placed within the Otoscope head.
This is a key feature of the Luxamed Otoscope where light is shone from every possible angle thereby eliminating any outside factors of light that may influence what the medical practitioner is looking at.
What are the differences between our standard Otoscope and the CCT?
Standard 2.5 LED
- LED ring with 6 LEDS in a concentric design.
- Dim and bright function by depressing on / off switch.
- Colour temperature: approximately 4000 k.
CCT 2.5 LED
- Innovative illumination provided by 2 x 4 LEDs in a concentric ring design.
- Depress the on / off switch which affords light options of either:
- Warm light (colour temperature 3000 k / warm yellowish colour) which helps to see the bone structure in the ear better, liquid behind the tympanic membrane (eardrum) or identifying a ruptured or torn eardrum with a little more certainty.
- Cold Light (colour temperature 6000 k / cold white blueish colour) ideally suited for looking at ear inflammation and infection in the beginning stages of these disorders.